Friday 3 May 2013

Ombre nails tutorial

I'm really bad at nail art, but recently I've become obsessed with Ombre Nail art. It's a great look and really simple to achieve, so I thought I'd share it with you all!

What you will need:

  • Nail varnish remover
  • A sponge (any will do, if you don't have a makeup sponge handy do what I've done and cut the corners of a regular cleaning sponge.
  • At least two contrasting nail polishes
  • Tooth picks
  • Top coat/base coat
  • Cotton wool buds
This picture is of our friend Chloe's nails. She has used orange and peach.
Steps:

1) use your nail varnish remover to take off anything you currently have on your nails, I like to use nail varnish remover even if I don't have nail polish on because it helps to strengthen them.

2) Paint your base coat, this helps to protect your nails, then paint your first main coat with the lightest colour, let this dry completely.

3) on top of a magazine or a protected surface drip splodges of your colours close to each other but barely touching. Carefully, use your tooth picks to swirl them into each other merging the colours. Try not to blend the colours.

4) dip your sponge into the mixed nail varnish and press onto your nail, do not rub it! You can press it on a few times for more texture and effect.

5) once dry apply your top coat and voila!


I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and we're sorry we haven't posted in a while.
Some of my favourite products
to be used.
Love you all, Emma x

Products featured


No comments: